blog_banner 20

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Miniature.

Paris at my fingertips.

I can't believe it's April already. Winter continues to go down swinging. We've actually had snow flurries during the last two days, which is putting a damper on our extracurricular activities like soccer.

These were all shot with the D50. I really need to start using my new camera.

I took this shot one handed while holding up the Eiffel Tower in the other hand and balancing on a chair. I originally enlisted Lauren's help, but she couldn't seem (or wasn't willing is more like it) to hold the Eiffel Tower straight. This would have worked well if it was the Leaning Tower of Pisa, but not for The Grande Dame. Speaking of which, why aren't there a gazillion replicas of the Leaning Tower of Pisa? Maybe I should start collecting Leaning Tower of Pisas to set myself apart. Anyway, given the conditions I'm shocked at how sharp this turned out.

Hello, cupcake!

Mel C gave me this cupcake necklace for my birthday last year. Thrilled with this one because I purposefully set out to turn the chain into a spray of bokeh (the bunch of little circles). Usuallly when they appear, they're are just happy accidents. We decorated the dining room for Easter today, hence the purple tablecloth backdrop.

Happiness in a box.

Normally, we are die hard Wendy's diners (Especially since they turned our local Taco Bell into a Dunkin' Donuts, but we're not bitter, no. On the contrary, now I'm getting fat from eating their donuts all the time.), but Lauren wanted to get a Littlest Pet Shop Happy Meal for lunch.

That's all for today - there's a donut with strawberry icing calling my name...

No comments: