blog_banner 20

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Whimsical.

Basketful of Blue Flowered Muscari.

I intended to make Easter cards this year, but I thought that everyone might be disappointed if they didn't include a family photo or at least a solo photo of Lauren. Since a posed photo involving Lauren usually begins in bribery and ends with mental anguish, neither of which are in the spirit of Easter, I decided to forgo the idea. Then as I was editing photos I saw the one of the chick and the one with Easter eggs side by side in the viewer pane and thought that they looked great as a diptych. So I decided to put them to good use and make them into a blog banner instead.

The photos in this entry are a mix of those that I was planning on using for the Easter card and those that I shot for the challenge theme, "whimsical." Either way, I think they're all pretty whimsical.

The basket of blue muscari pictured above sits in the middle of our dining room table. I bought 6 pots, each costing only $1.25. I've been enjoying having a little bit of spring indoors these last couple of weeks, but unfortunately, they're not going to make it to Easter. I hope I can find some similarly priced potted bulbs to use as replacements.

Looking back.

Speaking of spring, I've been spending a lot of time laying on my stomach in the grass taking photos. I'm so glad to finally see some green around that I can't stop using it as a backdrop! Lauren is constantly bringing home little toys that she either finds on the playground or receives as gifts her generous school friends. This My Little Pony was Friday's acquisition. As we were eating dinner, the way that the pony was looking over her shoulder caught my attention and thought it would make a cute photo. You mean I'm the only one who has tiny ponies living in the backyard?

The characteristic of coquettes is affectation governed by whim.

And now for one of my recent acquisitions posed in the grass. I've been searching for just the right pair of black heels. It's been quite a challenge because the style right now is the higher the better, 4 inches and up. Now in addition to the dangers of tottling on 5 inch heels all day, I think it would freak people out if one day I was 5'8" and then the next day, I'm a midget. Luckily, I found these which are just right at around 3 1/4 inches. The concept that I had in mind here was someone had just come home from work and slipped off her heels to run barefoot in the grass. It's much harder than you think to setup shoes so that they look casually tossed aside even though they are intentionally composed.

The Easter Beagle, er, I mean shepard mix.

Lastly, poor suffering Daisy as The Easter Beagle, I mean, Shepard mix. Don't worry, Daisy, I think you've finally represented every major holiday.

No comments: