blog_banner 20

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Feminine mystique.

 Feminine mystique.

Since I finished the 25 Days of Christmas, I've been in a bit of a photography slump. Responsibilities have picked up again, so I've been spending my down time as down as possible rather than expending more energy. And as much as I enjoy it, photography expends a lot of it.

Today's challenge was "feminine." When I saw it, I thought well gee, I'm a woman. This one should be easy. However, it wasn't. I guess I don't own a lot of feminine things. Girly things, yes. But when I think of feminine I think of something a little more sophisticated.

Thankfully, I remembered that I had these vintage paper dolls. You can't get more feminine than these gals. As models, they were great to work with. They held their poses through shot after shot with nary a complaint. Unfortunately they had quite a few scars and blemishes (folds) here and there, but nothing a little Photoshop couldn't handle. Just like real cover girls.

As a side note, I'm excited because I got to volunteer to pick Saturday's topic each week for the daily challenge group. Over 600 photographers at the mercy of my whims - lol! I figure that this should guarantee that I will participate in at least 52 challenges this year, as it would be silly for me to choose the topic and not participate. I think this shot may have restored a little bit of my mojo, so hopefully there will be more in the coming days!

No comments: