blog_banner 20

Monday, January 30, 2012

One big knitting family.

Loom love.

I'm feeling under the weather, but I wanted to get at least one blog post in before January comes to a close. I've been keeping a fairly hectic pace this week between work and Girl Scouts, so I must have worn down my resistance and caught myself a cold. It was only a matter of time, since I always seem to get sick in the months of February and November. forgot that the blog celebrated its 5th(!) anniversary on Friday (January 27th). I even knew it was coming up and was planning to do something special to celebrate it, but it slipped my mind in the midst of everything else that was going on. Oh well.

After spending a couple of years nearly forgotten and untouched, my Knifty Knitters have been getting a real workout. I had planned on making a hat and scarf for myself, but as soon as Lauren saw me knitting, she was immediately hooked (Pun intended) and wanted to make something too. So we jointly set out to make her a scarf.

Portrait of a plaid peacoat.

Here's the finished product. The yarn we used was super pretty and soft.

Modeling her new scarf.

After the scarf was completed, we went to the store to pick out yarn for her next project. There she saw a knitting board (A long loom), and immediately wanted it so she could make a blanket. She finished it that same evening, and even managed to take time out to teach Daddy how to knit too. You know what they say about knitting - I family who knits together stays together and never lacks for a scarf. 

Every dog has his day...

And on that note, I'm going to make like Marcus and get some rest.

No comments: