blog_banner 20

Friday, January 20, 2012

I've got Chinese in my pocket.

 Eat in, take out.

--Melissa "Alanis Morrisette" Corbelli, upon leaving Szechuan Taste and discovering that her Chinese takeout container was in her coat pocket.

I've been terrible about posting the daily challenge photos here. Truth is that I feel kinda lame just repeating what I write on Flickr, but I guess those four or five of you who read this regularly probably don't care about that.

Anyway, today's challenge was "Oriental." Now one of my New Year's Resolutions was to pack my lunch more often, and I've been doing pretty well with it thus far. However, once I saw today's challenge, I decided to forgo my leftover spaghetti and convince Mel C to go for Chinese so that I could get a picture.

I tried numerous shots of tea cups, egg rolls, lanterns and my teriyaki chicken, but most of those came out sub-par. This statue of buddha that greets you whether you eat in or take out was the clear winner (Special thanks to Mel C for moving the bottle of hand sanitizer out of the shot and the owner of the restaurant for leaving his post behind the counter so he wouldn't be in the photo.).

No comments: