blog_banner 20

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Queen of the Hillside.

Sledding with Daddy.

In the midst of what seems to be the warmest winter on record, we finally got a significant amount of snow (If you call 4 - 6 inches significant). Lauren has been dying to go sled riding, which is challenging when there's no snow on the ground, but today she got her wish.

 Adrenaline rush.

She started by doing runs down our hillside with Daddy...

Solo run.

Queen of the hillside.

Racing down the hillside.

But then quickly graduated to doing solo runs.

 Pick me up from daddy.

Just the same, Daddy was there to scoop her up at bottom.

Knit owl hat.

Note the sporty kint owl hat - a gift from Cousin Noreen.

 Polar me.

Unfortunately, I could not join in the sledding because I've been experiencing some back trouble over the past couple of days, so I made Mark take a photo of me so it looked like I was participating. Mark refers to this as my "Hoth Leia" outfit.

Happiness is an inside job.

Lastly, today was my turn to pick the daily challenge topic:  Words of wisdom. A few months ago, I picked up a small collection of vintage stamps to display in my stamp carousel. They must of come from an attorney's office because some of them print words such as "SUIT FILED," "JUDGEMENT" and "GARISHMENT." But amid all those ominous phrases was this little gem. At first I thought it meant that happiness comes from within (Just like when it's an "inside job," someone working from inside the organization commits a crime), but now I think it's meant to be taken literally as you should be happy to be working inside and not outside. If you worked in an attorney's office, I guess I could see where you'd be trying to look on the bright side of things like that.

No comments: