blog_banner 20

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Boardwalk neon (and more).

Boardwalk at night.

Gonna squeeze in a blog update while I'm packing for our weekend trip to Girl Scout camp to go horseback riding. I'll be glad when it's over so I can stop obsessing about what to pack. I think I've now assembled the perfect mess kit, and I have three different types of flashlights/lanterns.

Boardwalk aquarium.

Speaking of lights, there are a lot of cool ones to see on the boardwalk at night.

Mack's sign.

Here it is again, the best pizza on earth - Mack's!

Mack's Pizza.

No more Mack's? Saddest sign ever!

 Shrimps.

There's even a cute sign on the back of the shrimp shop!

Morey's Piers.

Ooo...let's check out one of the three amusement piers.

Balloon ride.

The famous Balloon Ride.

Ferris wheel at night.

And the famous Ferris wheel. In hindsight, I wish we would have tried to win one of those cool squid hats.

Pac-man claw machine plushies.

Speaking of winning, I'm ashamed to say how much money we must have spent trying to win toys out of crane machines. The ones in the Wildwood arcades were cleverly rigged so that you would almost win a prize each time. So of course, you had to keep trying because you were thisclose to winning. I did win one of the awesome stuffed Pac-man (men).

Ferris wheel and Bavarian swing.

Gotta have a Bavarian Swing.

Best teacup ride ever.

This has got to be hands down, the coolest tea cup ride on earth.

 Wild Lauren.

The following don't count as night photos, but I don't know where else to put them. They were taken at dusk, so I guess that sort of counts. In front of the Wildwood Convention Center at the beginning of the boardwalk they have a giant "Wildwoods" sign with huge beach balls that you can climb and stand on. Photo op, of course.

Me and Lauren.

While we were on vacation, Lauren was actually fairly cooperative about getting her photo taken, which made me happy.

The whole sign.

Then, I handed the camera to Lauren so that we could get a photo of Mark and me. This is what I got.

Me and Mark.

I politely directed her to move in a little closer.

 Holding on to my hat.

By the way, it was super windy while we were there, so a hat was a must. In fact, it was so windy, that I had to hold on to my hat much of the time to keep it from flying off!

I still have some random photos left to post from the trip, but those will have to wait until we get back from camping. Here's also hoping that I return from camp with some fun horseback riding pics too!

No comments: