blog_banner 20

Sunday, March 23, 2014

For 52 Weeks of 2014: Week 12

Hippity hoppity Easter's on it's way.

As I mentioned last week, I'm going off topic again. I think I've pretty much decided at this point that I'm not going to follow the themes of my 52 Weeks group. There's another group that I belong to that also does weekly theme challenges, and their topics are more general and less like photography skills challenges. I wish I would have chosen to do that group's themes instead because I think they fit more with what I like to shoot. For example, that group's theme was "Half" this week, and this photo would have been right at home there.

I don't think I've ever mentioned it, but I have a weird way of organizing my photos. For the last 5 years or so, I've filed them by season and the year - Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall and Christmas. Christmas gets it's own folder because I take A LOT of photos for Christmas. Winter is for the time frame between January 1st and the first day of spring. For some reason, this system really works for me, and I can usually find a photo pretty easily when I need to, probably because I take so many seasonal photos. Anyway, since Thursday was the day week of spring, it was finally time to create my Spring 2014 folder. So this week's photo had to be something spring-y. With temps still in the 30's this week and no signs of spring flowers, plastic Easter eggs will have to do!

Eggcellent.

No comments: