blog_banner 20

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Happy National Watermelon Day!

Happy National Watermelon Day!

Isn't it funny how there is a national day for everything now, especially food? I think National Ice Cream Day was last week, and I remember there being a National Hamburger Day back in June. National Donut Day is probably the most recognized since it gets heavily promoted by Dunkin' Donuts.

Anyway, in honor of National Watermelon Day, I made this little drawing in my sketchbook. I also ate some watermelon today too. I wonder if the Great Melon will rise out of the watermelon patch and bring toys to good children? Since she doesn't believe in the Great Melon, I told Lauren that we were going to place our Watermelon Day presents by the refrigerator (per tradition) and sing Watermelon Day carols, but she wasn't buying it.

No comments: