blog_banner 20

Friday, November 23, 2007

The Day After.

View from the kitchen.

Instead of referring to today as "the day after Thanksgiving," I think that government should declare a national holiday and call it The Day After. Imagine how much retailers would save in printing costs!

We were good little capitalists today and participated in some holiday shopping. We didn't leave the house until 11:30 a.m., so although there were no door busters thrown our way, Mark did manage to get a new coat for 50% off at Old Navy as well as a really big pizza for lunch, which he and I almost finished just between the two of us (As Lauren merely subsists on milk, cheesy poofs and oxygen.). After dinner, we shopped at the mall and Home Depot. No one was maimed during either of these trips, so I think we can call them a success.

Speaking of dinner, isn't this the most glorious sight:

Leftovers!

I think I look forward to Thanksgiving leftovers more than the dinner itself. There's nothing like turkey with a little mayo on a dinner roll. Yum!

As a side note, you may have noticed that I finally changed the blog banner. This was something that I meant to do periodically, but in the end never got around to doing. Hopefully in the coming year I will make good on this. If not, then everyone will have to enjoy red and evergreen in July. Anyway "There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays" is one of my favorite holiday songs (along with "Sleigh Ride") so it's more than appropriate for our new title.

No comments: