blog_banner 20

Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's a mod, mod, mod world.

This past week, I've been really feeling the effects of the time change. Been going to bed early and just feeling generally lazy and unmotivated. I'm feeling perkier today though, so maybe the fog is lifting.

Yesterday, I was searching for a box of sweaters stored in our spare bedroom's closet. Also stored in this closet is part of my doll collection, including my small stash of vintage Barbie stuff (mostly Francie and Skipper dolls and clothes). So when Lauren came into the room to see what I was up to, she immediately spotted Francie's House. Since there was no use in explaining the concept of a "valuable collectible" to a two-year old, I, of course, let her play with it.

Playing at Francie's House.

And she, of course, loves it. She made a beeline for it as soon as she woke up this morning.

Girl #1 to Girl #2:  This is one groovy pad!It's a mod, mod, mod world!

The pink chair in the closet has been designated as the bathroom. The dollies must drink a lot because they visit there frequently (I think this may be a sign that we're ready for potty training!). And the green haired doll? Well, what mother other than me could instantly produce a doll with tresses the same color as Lauren's favorite hue?

Coincidentally, insider sources tell me that if she's a good girl, Santa will be bringing Lauren a doll house for Christmas. But until then, it makes me happy to see Francie's House get some use. Forty years later, it's still fun and cool.

Special Bonus Feature! Things Overheard at the Ross House This Weekend:

"I don't need my bangs trimmed. No thank you!" --Lauren (Her stylist thought otherwise and trimmed them anyway.)

"This is a good show." --Lauren, upon viewing The Brady Bunch for the first time.

"There goes an airplane!" --Lauren, in reference to the Starship Enterprise (We've been watching a lot of TV this weekend.).

No comments: