blog_banner 20

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Everything comes in cycles.

Lauren and Daddy biking at Moraine State Park.

Today's adventure led us to the bike trail at Moraine State Park. Since it's now mid-August, I've been in kind of a frenzy to squeeze everything in that I've been wanting to do all summer. Mark and I used to go there years ago before we were married. We even had our own bikes back then, but we had to rent them today because we sold our bikes a couple of years ago at a garage sale. Ironically, we're thinking of purchasing bikes once again.

The weather was perfect for a bike ride - sunny, but not too warm. The trail has plenty of shade too. We were surprised that the majority of people riding the trail weren't "professionals," but were in fact a couple of decades older than us.

The trail is seven miles long and does not loop back, so you have to be prepared to bike the same distance back to the start. Also, the trail isn't flat, but has slight inclines and steep grades in the both directions. I really wanted to make it to the beach, but when we got to the 3.5 mile mark, I decided that I didn't want to press my luck. I think that seven miles isn't too shabby for someone who spends the majority of her time sitting on her tush in an office!

No comments: