blog_banner 20

Sunday, August 31, 2008

What I made at summer camp.

iPod cases.

First, let me take a moment to say how happy I am to have only one photo to edit today.

Of course, I'm not really at summer camp, but it's fun to pretend, isn't it? After I embroidered all over a tea towel, I wasn't sure what kind of project I wanted to do next. Then I picked up Doodle Stiching by Aimee Ray and decided that an iPod case would be perfect. For some reason, iPod Touch cases are ridiculously expensive (usually running around $30). I've had my iPod for almost a year now, but I hardly ever take it anywhere because I don't want it rattling around in my purse unprotected. Kinda defeats it's purpose, huh?

In her book, Aimee has a pattern for a case, but I decided to design my own instead. The embroidery designs are based on hers though. These were a bit of a challenge because they were too small to stitch with a hoop, and because I used dark fabric, I had to draw the design on the back and work from there. The fabric, by the way, is from Lauren's old pants. Reduce! Reuse! Recycle!

I'm pleased at the way they turned out, but I really stink at the satin stitch. Since that's a pretty important stitch, hopefully I will get better with practice.

In other news, we're continuing to work our way through the eggplant. Tonight we had eggplant rollatini for dinner. Next, I'm going to try my hand a moussaka. Lauren really eats up eggplant!

Lastly, yesterday evening we visited Grandma Gert. Her caregivers must finally be allowing her to sit in the sun because she is super TAN. How sad is it when an 89 year old living in a nursing home has a much better tan than you? I wish I had brought my camera because she is really a sight to see. Anyway, she's doing very well with few complaints other than they don't give her enough onions on her hamburger.

Gotta run - we're going out for ice cream on our last evening of freedom. Pineapple sundae for me!

No comments: