blog_banner 20

Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Day is an A-OK day.

Making pinapple upside-down cake and rockin' the headband.

Here we are at the end of another holiday weekend, and I don't know where all the time went. We went shopping at Ikea (They were sold out of the shelves that I wanted for our bedroom, but we did get a new slip cover for our footstool and the train for Lauren) and Trader Joe's (Discovered this weekend that Lauren likes their crab cakes, so I had to get more). Yesterday, we spent the evening at Mel C's place where we ate dinner and watched the Steelers game. I baked a pineapple upside-down cake for the occasion, and then today I made lasagna.

Sprinkling the brown sugar.

Lauren helped with the pineapple upside-down cake.

Speaking of Lauren, she's now wearing headbands. I'm not convinced, however, that her bangs will ever grow out. Also, if it wasn't for today's triumph, I wouldn't be convinced that she will ever be potty trained completely. Yesterday, I meant to change her into a fresh pull-up before she went down for a nap. After her nap, I plopped her down in front of the television until she fully woke up. A few minutes later, I had heard some whimpering coming from the living room. When I went in to investigate, she mumbled something about her pants. That's when I noticed that the couch was wet. I sprang into action to clean the couch (Luckily we have slipcovers) while Mark ran upstairs to grab some dry pants for her. As I was putting the cover into the washing machine, I hear Mark exclaim, "Why isn't this kid wearing a pull-up?"

Oops.

While I admit that I'm absent-minded, I can't help but mention the fact that the potty was literally inches away from her when this happened. I guess whatever show she was watching on Noggin was just too good to be interrupted.

I'm glad that tomorrow is Tuesday because, not only is it a short work week, but also because I get to watch American Idol! I'm sure y'all are just dying to know what I thought about Jason Castro's brother, Michael. While I do like Micheal's voice (and the fact that he seems like he can project better than Jason), he lacks that certain something that his brother has. Plus, I can't stand his hair (For the Castro men, it's all about the hair, so it would seem.). And wasn't it hilarious when he called Jason "girly"?! The front of his hair is dyed freakin' pink for goodness sake! Rumor has it that Michael cage fights, so I guess that does give him an edge in the masculinity department.

Other than that, I don't have a whole lot to comment about, other than I can't stand Von Smith (the guy who wailed "Over the Rainbow"), but I'm pretty confident he will be around to annoy me for a looong time. Be on the lookout for Adam Lambert - he looks like this (Rawr!) when he's not looking like this (Whoa!) He's very theatrical and can really sang. Not sure if I'm going to be rooting for him, but he has me interested.

Lastly, I want to send birthday wishes out to our cousin Noreen! Hope you had a great birthday up there in the frozen north! Sending you some virtual Vanilla Almond tea your way to keep you warm!

No comments: