blog_banner 20

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Same auld blog.

New 'jamas.

Well, I guess it's about time for the first blog post of the year. It's also about time that I posted a photo of Lauren wearing her pajamas from Cousin Noreen. Thanks so much, Noreen - Lauren loves them! I wish they made them in adult size.

Mark and I actually stayed awake for the arrival of 2009. We were in the middle of watching the mid-season finale of Battlestar Galactica when he leaned over and kissed me. I hadn't noticed the clock had stuck midnight! I usually dread the coming of the new year, but this year I dread even more so. Some changes are coming up in the very near future that are going to drastically alter our routine here. Not looking forward to it at all, but I'm trying to think positively.

What I am looking forward to is a new season of American Idol! Fox Reality just started repeating Season 7. It's so fun to watch in retrospect, knowing how things ultimately turn out. Last night, we watched the Top 12 guys. I thought that Dave Cook's first performance was just dreadful, while David Archuleta's was much more enjoyable than I remembered. When Garrett Haley (one of the first eliminees) started to perform, Lauren declared "The train wreck is here!" without any prompting from me (Okay, maybe just a little prompting). Of course, Jason Castro was my favorite - again. I'm really hoping I have someone new to obsess over during Season 8.

Puka beads - made by Lauren.

Other than watching repeats, we've been up to various things. Lauren created this lovely necklace for her daddy. We call them his "puka beads," since that makes it seem much more masculine. She has a pretty good eye for design, don't you think?

2009 calendar photos.

I'm been working on my annual calendar. Here are the photos that made the cut for this year.

Our Mii's.

All three of us have been playing Wii Fit, which Mark gave to me for Christmas. Lauren especially likes the running games (All you have to do is run in place - it's actually quite fun, and that's coming from someone who hates running!). A couple of nights ago, she ran 10 miles. I'm trying to figure out how to work using the Wii Fit into my daily routine. Not only is finding the time going to be a challenge, but also getting to play without Lauren taking over.

Off to get ready to go back to work tomorrow. Woo freakin' hoo.

No comments: