blog_banner 20

Monday, January 12, 2009

There's a sucker born every minute.

Cocktail napkins.

Why is it that I go into Target to buy plastic wrap and disinfecting wipes, only to end up 100+ dollars lighter on the way out? That must be some plastic wrap. Or maybe it had something to do with these cute cocktail napkins. Target has a whole to-die-for section of retro style kitchen linens, like tea towels, aprons, etc. in the same color scheme. I was lucky to get out of there with only the $5 cocktail napkins. I figure they will make a fun embroidery project.

Hostess cupcakes.

Right across from the evil kitchen linens were these. Much to Mark and Lauren's disappointment, I rarely keep this kind of stuff in the house. Unless I baked, all I have to offer guests are some organic granola bars (Chocolate chip organic granola bars, nonetheless!). But these cupcakes...were strawberry. And the box said something about cream cheese icing, but I was too busy dropping it in cart to read exactly what the words said. Oh, did I mention they were on sale? And that they have pretty pink cream cheese icing on top?

That is the actual size of one cupcake. Luckily, that's not a one hundred calorie cupcake. They come three in a pack. I only had one - Lauren ate the other two.

Lauren's new lunch bag.

Speaking of Lauren, I've been trying to come up with a new gimmick to bride, er, persuade, Lauren to eat a wider variety of foods. Last week, she noticed my lunch bag, so I asked her if she wanted a lunch bag too. Of course, she said, "Yeah!" because when you're three you just want stuff, even if it's something boring like a lunch bag. I told her she could have her very own lunch bag only if she ate what I put into it. She agreed (We're a whole family of suckers.). Target just happened to have the perfect lunch bag for Lauren - not only is it her favorite color (green) but it features her favorite dinosaur (A triceratops). All this for only $9.99! Too bad once she's out of the green dinosaur phase it will probably end up selling for a buck at our next yard sale.

No comments: