blog_banner 20

Monday, March 23, 2009

Everything is just ducky. Really.

Everything is just ducky in the powder room.

I don't know if I should dare say it, but I think that this time, we really are over our illnesses here. After I posted last week, I continued to struggle with the most wicked sore throat ever. Everyone was convinced that I had strep throat, but since I never had a fever, I knew that couldn't be the case. I ended up taking a sick day last Friday and with some much, much needed rest this weekend, I finally kicked it. Lauren and I both still have a tinge of cough, but at least I'm able to function now. I could tell I was feeling like myself again because I baked chocolate chip cookies and made pot roast this weekend. Feed a cold, right?

Since I was finally feeling like a human being again, I spent the other part of the weekend spring cleaning. I bought some brand new towels to replace the our skanky old ones that had overstayed their welcome (I believe that a couple of them were given to us at my bridal shower over 6 years ago - yikes!). I didn't go for cheap towels or luxury towels, but the in-between models. They're good and fluffy, so that's all that counts.

While I had been sick, I spent a lot of time reading about photography. One of my goals for this year is to try my luck at stock photography. I don't see myself doing portrait or event photography, and stock photography would give me the opportunity to take the kind of photos that I really love to take. In order for this to happen, I have to really get serious about photography because my photos need to improve technically before they can be marketable. In fact, I'm going to get so serious that I'm going to give up reading trashy vampire novels on the bus ride home and instead replace them with photography books. Okay, maybe the vampires can still ride home with me a few days a week.

Crocuses.

It's also feels good to finally go outside and get some fresh air. Mark took this photo of the crocuses growing on our front lawn, that is, before Lauren picked them all and gave them to me.

**Begin American Idol blabbering**

I was almost going to skip this part because I'm beginning to feel like I have nothing else to write about other that my opinions on AI. And that's depressing. So I'll keep it short and to the point.

When I am going to learn that I can't predict this show? I'm always wrong. Adam did not sing a ballad. A guy sang last. And a girl went home. I'm 0 for 3 there.

Black eyeliner pencil, $1.99. Blue highlights in hair, $40. The look on Randy Travis's face when you tell him that you want to sing a Middle Eastern arrangement of Johnny Cash's iconic "Ring of Fire" that includes sitars...Priceless.

(Seriously though, I hope Adam takes a more mainstream approach this week or he's going to continue to alienate people with his wild performances. For me, however, he's the number one reason I continue to watch this season.)

Yay for Anoop - you finally showed the world than you're more than a nerdy graduate student who knows a lot about barbecue. You can really sing!!

Matt, Kris, Michael and Scott...zzzzz.

I didn't like Danny's version of "Jesus Take the Wheel" because I think the story of the song resonates more with a female voice behind it.

I continue to like Allison's spunk and couldn't believe that she was in the bottom three. And poor Alexis - I think the judges did her in with all that stupid advice about being "dirty." How can someone so cute and perky be dirty and be taken seriously? Believe me, I know this from personal experience.

So much for short. Tomorrow night is Motown. I hope someone sings The Spinners. I love me some Spinners!

No comments: