blog_banner 20

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Scrapbooking: Halloween 2008

Good Grief.

My scrapbooking for 2008 is getting finished ever so gradually. A couple of months ago, I had purchased some super cute Halloween stickers on clearance, so I decided to do two pages in order to make good use out of them.

Journaling reads: When Lauren told us that she wanted to be Snoopy for Halloween 2008, little did we know what a challenge we would face. First, manufactured Snoopy costumes were practically non-existent, both on-line and in stores, and the ones that we did find were very expensive. The next plan of attack was to attempt to make our own from a white fleece shirt and pants. Then we found that kid sized sweats just don't come in white, apparently because only crazy people would dress their children in white. We even had Aunt Mel scouring stores for pieces that would work. Luckily, Daddy came through and found a real honest-to-goodness Snoopy costume on eBay for $20 plus shipping. And naturally, Daisy needed a costume too. After all, where would Snoopy be without his best pal Woodstock?

Spooky! Good Time.

Journaling reads: Halloween 2008 fell on a Friday night, which was nice because everyone could come over and enjoy the festivities. Lauren had her very own entourage as she went door-to-door chatting up the neighbors and making out like a little bandit. And even though there were few trick-or-treaters who visited our house, we were still very entertained by our very own cast of characters.

A couple of weeks ago, I came home to a message on our answering machine from a representative from Shutterfly. She had been unsuccessful getting touch with me via e-mail (Because all I do all day at work is read and reply to e-mails, I don't check my personal e-mail accounts as often as I should) and was looking to get permission to use my photo book in one of their upcoming ads. Of course, I immediately got in touch with her and agreed to it. I didn't even occur to me until the next day that I might get something for my troubles, you know, maybe some free prints. Sure enough, when I checked my e-mail I had a message from another representative asking that I fill out some paperwork so that I could become a vendor and get paid! I was floored. Here's the end result: Mark and Lauren selling the good life through the magic of photo books:

My photobook was featured in a Shutterfly ad - woo hoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

always knew Lauren was star - and look at the handsome guy walking next to her - both stars in my eyes

Anonymous said...

Really great but shouldn't the title be "Scrapbooking: Halloween 2008"?

Unknown said...

Wow- again, your work is getting the attention it deserves! I can be coaxed to be your agent, and get you the freebies and cash you also deserve for sharinf your great pics!

Congrats!