blog_banner 20

Monday, March 9, 2009

It runs in the family.

Little sweet.

Well, it appears that Lauren has inherited the family curse - the wonky eye. She's still cute enough, despite her non-conformity.

Feeling a little bit perkier today, in part because I accomplished a lot both at work and at home. I won't bore you with the work details, but after work I made fajitas, gave Lauren a bath, ironed extra pants so I'll have less to iron for next week, and made a kick ass scrapbook page. All this despite the fact that I think I'm contracting Mark's cold. Poor Mark has been sick with a very bad cold for a week now, and on top of that, he's suffering from a back ache too.

Enough about that - tomorrow is Tuesday you know!

**Begin American Idol blabbering**

Last week's performances were definitely an improvement over the first two semi-final rounds. For the most part, everyone in the third round gave a decent performance, and even the bad ones weren't so horrible that I felt the need to leave the room. I wasn't even too annoyed by Headband Boy Nate, because, hey, I knew that was the last I was going to hear from him, so rejoice! I wasn't at all surprised about the three that went through, although I wasn't entirely certain if Jorge or Ju'not (Did I put the apostrophe in the right place?) would take the third spot. Gotta love my boy Jorge though. I feel a certain kinship with him because he, like me, has the wonky eye. Except his speaks Spanish.

And someone help me cause I think I'm buying into the personality crap that they're selling this season because I LIKE SCOTT MCINTYRE. This is particularly astonishing because not only is his singing on the mediocre side, but he sang freakin' Bruce Hornsby. I can't stand his depressing songs! My company hired Bruce to play a party a couple of years ago. While most people passed on his performance and opted instead to hang out at the open bar, I gave Bruce a chance. His audience banter between songs went something like this: "Hello out there you Federated people. The Investors that are Federated." Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. Stay away from the Hornsby, Scott!

The choosing of the wildcard contenders was the most exciting part of the season so far. Mark was laughing at me because as the available spots dwindled, I hid behind a pillow mumbling over and over again, "If they don't pick Anoop, there will be a RECKONING!!" Of course, they saved him until last. I'm not sure what their plans are for him because they jerked him around AGAIN when they picked the final spots during the wildcard round. By far, Anoop's "My Prerogative" was my favorite performance during the semi's. I actually rewound the DVR and watched it twice. We even had Lauren dancing along with Anoop. Even though the vocal was a little lacking, he was so much fun to watch. And while I think he was trying too hard in some spots, I have to admit that I bought the part about "getting girls is how I live."

On the other hand, I was annoyed that Matt Giraud and Jasmine Murray were chosen because both gave two of the worst performances thus far this season. I find Matt to be a bit of a creep as well, but I felt the same way about David Cook around this time and ended up loving him. So who knows?

Last season at this point, I had already purchased 6 songs from iTunes. This year's tally: zero. There are a few people that I like well enough, but I wish that I enjoyed their singing more. Maybe it's because this is American Idol Season 8: Year of Sob Stories and Effeminate Men.

No comments: