blog_banner 20

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do.

Cupcake decorations.

I've been super busy most of this week preparing for our Daisy Girl Scout Troop's investiture ceremony and the kick-off of the annual cookie sale. I am what is referred to in Girl Scout circles as, "The Cookie Mom." From what I've heard, it is a job that strikes fear in the hearts of women far and wide. I'm just concerned how I'm going to get all those cases of cookies into a Mini Cooper.

For the uninitiated, investiture is a special ceremony to welcome new girls into Girl Scouting. And special occasions call for special treats, so we made Daisy themed cupcakes. Thankfully, I have a way with paper crafts, because I am otherwise confectionery decorating impaired.

Daisy Girl Scout cupcakes.

Here's the finished product.

Daisy Girl Scout Troop 51504

All the girls did a wonderful job during the ceremony, but of course, I was especially proud of Lauren. We had been practicing the Girl Scout Promise here and there during the week. Sometimes, she'd rattle it off perfectly, but other times, she'd give me a blank stare. Not only did she nail it at the ceremony, she even volunteered to go second. That's my girl!

Daisy Scout.

Because Lauren demonstrated that she knows the Girl Scout promise by reciting it all by herself, she earned the Promise Center of her daisy. As she learns the meaning behind each part of the Girl Scout Law, she'll earn a petal.

Adjusting her pin.

And here is the newly minted Girl Scout proudly adjusting her pin. I love that while she's big enough to do all the wonderful things Girl Scouts can do, you can still see the baby in her face.

No comments: