blog_banner 20

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Stripes.

At times he could be very critical. He didn't like prints on me. He didn't like stripes. He didn't like boldness. He said I was petite and that was taking away from my looks.

Yesterday's assignment was an easy one: stripes. Or so I thought. I had this brilliant idea for a shot of Lauren wearing my oversized rainbow-striped sweater. Unfortunately, my ability to bribe her for model time had run out, and she ended up having a meltdown over wearing the sweater. As a result, I probably inflicted a scar on her small psyche, and now she'll grow up with phobia of things with stripes.

So I had to go with Plan B. After she calmed down, she started heckling me about it. How I suffer for my art.

A Florida style snowball.

Sometimes inspiration comes upon me unexpectedly. I found these cute striped gloves when I was getting my coat out of the closet. I had purchased them for Lauren a couple of months ago and had forgotten all about them. Although they were supposed to be child size, they're too big for her, but fit me perfectly. I thought it would be fun to hold an orange instead of a snowball. It's easy to think about Florida when it's only fifteen degrees outside.

Pick a number. Any number.

Of course, there are also lots of stripes around our home.

Ticking stripe pillows.


A child's world is fresh and new and beautiful, full of wonder and excitement.

Lastly, a bonus shot of Lauren with her new haircut. Today's Daily Shoot assignment was Celebrate the pretty things in life. Make a photograph of the most beautiful thing you see today. And I could think of nothing more beautiful that our new table and chairs set. ;)

No comments: