blog_banner 20

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I remembered. Finally.

Today is the fourth anniversary of blog! I forgot to commemorate it the last two years, but I made sure that I paid close attention to the calendar this year.

Wow, four years and we're still going strong. Okay, maybe not strong, but we're still going alright. And by the looks of it, we may reach double digits in posting this month. Those are practically 2007 numbers.

I'd like to have posted a nice family photo of the three of us, but that's impossible without someone having a meltdown (either me or Lauren). Instead, I offer something almost as good.

But first, some background information. Lauren isn't very forthcoming when it comes to providing information about her private life. Here's an example conversation:

Me: So Lauren, who did you sit by at lunch today?
Lauren: Nobody.
Me: Okay. Well, who did you play with at recess?
Lauren: Nobody.
Me: Did you have art class today?
Lauren: You should know!!!!
Me: If I knew, I wouldn't be asking. What did you do in art class.
Lauren: Nothing.

And so on and so forth. I don't know what's going on a that school, but it certainly doesn't seem like we're getting our tax dollars worth.

So one morning, Mark pondered how Lauren would handle those "stupid" questions that I ask when I interview candidates for job positions in my department.

This is the result.



Otherwise, not much new to report. We had a parent/teacher conference this evening, and Lauren is doing beautifully, scoring 100% on her assessments. I'm busy trying to figure out the logistics of how to fit 70+ cases of Girl Scout Cookies into a Mini Cooper. And Mark continues to battle wits with Marcus, who continues to chew on the corners of our baseboards.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lauren: I know that BISD has many openings, perhaps they'll take you?
Call me! and I love hose pjs!

Note to Mark on Marcus- TRAINING!!! Just Do it!

Melissa: I can help eat some cookies to lessen your load!
Happy Annaversary on the Blog!