blog_banner 20

Friday, August 31, 2012

Sweet escape.

Chocolate Avenue.

Last week, Lauren and I took a two day trip to Hershey, PA with Grandma and Pappy Bruno. Mark opted out of this one, so Daisy, Marcus and Coconut could have company.

Chocolate World.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to take a lot of photos because I was very busy shuttling Lauren from ride to ride. Of course, we started our adventure with a visit to Chocolate World, and the can't miss chocolate factory tour ride. After the ride, Lauren hit me up for a Reese's stuffed frog and a personalized Kiss magnet from the gift shop.

Hershey Park.

Then, we headed to Hershey Park. I don't believe I've visited to Hershey Park since I was about 5 year old, but there were a couple of things that stuck in my mind that I couldn't wait to see.

Kissing Tower.

The first was the Kissing Tower, my favorite ride. You sit inside a large disc that slowly rotates to the top of the tower so you can see all around the area.

Kiss windows.

And who wouldn't love looking out of Kiss shaped windows? We rode it twice.

Sooper Dooper Looper.

The Sooper Dooper Looper is a looping roller coaster that's been around for almost as long as I have. I always associate it with a plastic cup that Mark's brother Mike always used to drink out of when they still lived at home. Believe it or not, I could have taken Lauren on it. Hershey's ride guidelines seem a lot more looser than what we have at our local amusement park, Kennywood.



I feel terrible that I didn't take a photo of Lauren's favorite ride, The Flying Falcon, but hopefully this video will give you the idea. Pappy suggested that we try it out because the line was rather short. As we were waiting, I almost bailed. I've gotten less daring in my old age, I don't like sustained heights and my stomach can't handle being spun in circles over and over again. But I was brave, and good thing too because she absolutely loved it. We rode it twice too - once during the day, and once during the night.

Hershey Park Music Express.

I'm amassing quite a collection of photos of every Music Express ride in existence. It is one of my favorites, after all.

Hershey Park ferris wheel.

The famous Hershey Park ferris wheel.

Lauren and Pappy.

And lastly, Lauren and Pappy (Grandma is camera shy).

And that's it! We're caught up to date. Now we can move on to Labor Day happenings and the first day of second grade!

No comments: