blog_banner 20

Monday, November 17, 2008

Under construction.

Under construction.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been working a lot of overtime during the last week, so not only have I been too busy working to update, but I've been too busy working to do anything that's worth updating about - if that makes any sense.

The biggest news around here is that our long planned family room project is finally underway. This is something that we've been wanting to do since the beginning of the year. After discussing the project with a few contractors, we had gotten to the point where we didn't think we were going to be able to enclose our porch without major construction and had all but given up on the idea. Then, one of the contractors that we spoke to during the spring contacted us a couple of weeks ago and said that he could start working on it right away. We were skeptical that we would even be issued a building permit, but we thought we'd let him give it a shot. The work is to be complete by the end of the week, with the exception of the floor that Mark is going to install himself.

Pucker up.

When I'm not working, I'm off doing stupid things, like giving Lauren a bad haircut. While I spend a shameful amount of money to get my own hair done, I refuse to take Lauren to a professional and instead continue to delude myself that I can do it on my own. This approach has been ingrained in me since childhood. I didn't have my first haircut until I was about seven years old. In junior high, my mother ran her own "salon" out of our basement, where I was treated to several home perms and Sun In treatments. When I was a junior in high school, I was invited to go to the prom by a senior. Of course, this called for a special hair coloring session. Unfortunately, the dark hair coloring gave my hair a lovely green cast where the Sun In had lightened it. Yes, I went to the prom with GREEN HAIR. Definitely one of the highlights of my teenage years (no pun intended!). Afterward, my parents had our neighbor (who was a beautician) fix it.

The front of Lauren's hair looks okay, but the back looks all chopped off and uneven. Since she doesn't have to go to the prom any time soon, I guess I'll just let it grow out.

Vestiges of fall.

Lastly, I completely forgot that I had taken this photo. It's from a few weeks ago when Lauren and I were gathering leaves in the yard. I have leaf envy no more!

No comments: