blog_banner 20

Monday, December 1, 2008

You can never have enough ornaments.

You can never have enough ornaments.

This weekend, we decorated for Christmas. Well, everything but the tree and exterior decorations. It took most the of day on Saturday, and after we were finished, I thought, "Gee, I'm a little early with this, aren't I?" But then again, I don't know what the coming weeks are going to bring, so it's better to do it now when I can relax and enjoy it.

Concentration.

Lauren helped. Just look at that concentration!

Grandma Gert.

On Sunday, we went to visit Grandma Gert. She continues to amaze because she continues to just be herself. When I asked her how her Thanksgiving dinner was, she exclaimed, "Thanksgiving was THE BEST EVER!!!" Since she had me convinced that the nursing home provided her with this stupendous meal complete with all the trimmings, I, of course, reacted positively to this news. I had forgotten that Grandma really knows how to sell it, because in fact, Thanksgiving was the exact opposite of THE BEST EVER, and she proceeded to tell us about how the turkey slices were so thin that she could see through them. A master of sarcasm, that Grandma.

No comments: