blog_banner 20

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Have a crafty, drafty Christmas.

Foam ornaments.

That's the only word I could come up with that rhymed. Anyway, I wanted to close out the Christmas blogging with some photos of the crafts that Lauren and I made this year. I meant to post these on Christmas Eve, but unfortunately, I only had time to take the photos. Lauren made these oh-so cute foam ornaments from a kit that we purchased at the dollar store. She put her own touches on it like making the gingerbread boy into a gingerbread girl and adding a bunny as the train's engineer.

Glittered acorns.

The next three are all courtesy of Martha the Great. This year's December Living contained some real gems. These glittered acorns were terribly messy but still fun to make. As we were working, Lauren turned to me and said, "This was a really good idea, Mom." That makes it all worth while, doesn't it?

Candy bar snowmen.

Next are these snowmen wrapped candy bars. Again, these were a little more challenging than they looked. It's not as easy as it looks to get those finger print features looking nice. There is also a more involved Santa version, which we may tackle next year.

Felt mitten clips.

Lastly, this one came from a special holiday craft edition of Living that I bought a couple of years ago, which I'm certain I will be turning to for ideas each Christmas. This year, I chose to make these mitten clips for package decorations. They have a magnetic strip on the back of the clothespin so that they can be used all year round.

No comments: