blog_banner 20

Friday, October 26, 2012

13 Days of Halloween: Day 8

13 Days of Halloween:  Day 8

As I mentioned yesterday, I went to the nearby cemetery to take some photos. As I was driving to get to the older part of the cemetery, I noticed that there was a guy on a motorcycle following behind me. This freaked me out a little bit because, hey, I'm a woman alone in a cemetery at dusk. On the other hand, it was a bit irrational, because the part of the cemetery that I was driving through faces the main road of the town. As I got to the turnaround, I noticed that a woman was riding behind him. Then I realized that it was the nice man that plays accordion at the local Lion's Club spaghetti dinners, or at least I thought it was. Then I saw him again today on the way home from work, again with the woman riding behind him. The guy gets around. Either that or he's stalking me.

Anyway, this statue is actually the top of a tombstone. I drive past her everyday, but I have no idea who she is supposed to represent. I like to think that maybe she's Saint Joan of Arc, because she's holding a Bible and sword. I would have loved to have captured her from the front, but there are some unsightly power lines and buildings along the road.

Twilight.

Waiting for the dawn.

No comments: