blog_banner 20

Sunday, January 12, 2014

52 Weeks of 2014 Week 2: - Square

You better learn to play guitar.

I was so optimistic and excited about the new year, getting started on new projects and making changes, but this week just completely crushed my enthusiasm.  It was extremely stressful, all related to work and outside activities, and I will just leave it at that.

So now I'm in a funk. This week's theme was completely open, and you could take a photo of just about anything as long as it was cropped square. I still couldn't come up with anything. Today we went to a music store to pick up a small amp for the electric guitar that Lauren got for Christmas. They had hundreds of guitars on display, so I just snapped a quick picture with my phone. I spent all evening trying to come up with something better, but my mind is a creative void right now.

I also didn't get a chance to work on my sketch diary this week. I almost finished the pages for the first week -  I just haven't had a chance to post them. At first, I was at a loss about how I was going to depict this week, but then I thought of something perfect. So maybe things are looking up after all.


1 comment:

Mark said...

Thought you were "square" because you weren't nearly hip enough looking compared to the other people populating the guitar shop.