blog_banner 20

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Scrapbooking: Devilish

Devilish

You wouldn't know it from what you see here, but I've actually been scrapbooking quite a bit since Christmas. My efforts have been primarily focused on a long overdue album project, but because I didn't feel like working on it this weekend and I was tired of looking at the same layouts that I've had on display in the den and in the kitchen since before Halloween, I instead made a couple of layouts for Lauren's album.

I like this paper because the colors are reminiscent of fall, without making you feel like you should go rake some leaves and drink some apple cider. Or, they may make you feel that way, but you don't know why you feel that way. They're covertly fall. I also like how the orange flowers look like upside-down Jack Be Little pumpkins.

What I didn't like was having to cut around all those tight places. My scissor work isn't all that great, so I messed up in a couple of places. I don't think you can tell from far away unless you squint a little.

Journaling reads, "For Halloween 2007, you were supposed to dress up as Blue from Blue's Clues, but instead you were perfectly content just to wear Mommy's blinking devil horns. Should we be concerned?"

No comments: