blog_banner 20

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Leaf jumpin'.

The biggest pile of leaves ever.

Much to Lauren's delight, our oak trees have finally begun to get serious about shedding their leaves.

Lost in the leaves.

Much to my dismay, I had my camera settings all wrong when I was taking these pictures. The white balance was set to sunny instead of cloudy, and the ISO was at 800. I had to Photoshop the heck out of them to get a reasonable result. Sometimes I think that instead of getting better with practice, my photography skills are actually getting worse.

For example, I was browsing some other folk's fall leaves photos, and I thought to myself, "Why don't my leaves have such bright vibrant colors?" I was about to develop some serious leaf envy, when I remembered that fallen oak leaves are naturally grayish brown, which is no fault of mine.

Looking skyward.

Now this kid's big brown eyes - that is my fault.

No comments: