blog_banner 20

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

When bad photos happen to good people.

Last week, Mel C was lamenting to me that the photo that I posted of her recently made her make a mad dash to the salon (Speaking of haircuts, Mel C - Remember when you told Chris Kelly that his hair looked poofy and he immediately left work to get a hair cut saying, "If anyone asks where I went, tell them I'm in the restroom?" The influence that you wield over men is the stuff of legends, I tell you!). So to be fair and to show that it's not all Glamor Shots around here, I thought I'd post some photos that normally wouldn't pass our strict blogging standards.

First up, Lauren:

Bad photo - Example #1

Now, I'm sure you're thinking, "How could you take a bad photo of Lauren - she just so darn cute!" Well, at least that's what you should be thinking. The truth of the matter is that Lauren doesn't appreciate the finer points of children's portrait photography (or the finer points of patience, potty training, the word "No," and so on.) and would rather clean the bathroom than willingly pose nicely for a photo. This is why I've never once taken her Picture People or the Sears Portrait Studio, etc. because I know this is what I'm going to get. At least when I take a crappy picture of my kid, I don't have to pay a sitting fee.

The next victim is the man of the house:

Bad Photo - Example #2

Technically, this is actually a pretty good photo. See that spray of blurry circles behind Mark? That's what those of us who like to pretend we know I thing or two about photography call "bokeh." It's very desirable. Our subject matter, on the other hand, is sharply presented in the foreground. Also very desirable. It's too bad we don't know what the heck he's supposed to be doing. Not very desirable.

And now, the piece de resistance:

Bad Photo - Example #3

Please do not take offense, kind blog readers, as this gesture is not meant for you, but my dear husband, who takes endless glee in capturing me in all my glory. One night, he kept stalking me around our yard like the paparazzi, taking one unflattering photo after another. Finally, I relented, saying, "You want a photo? Well here's your photo!" and I gave him the one finger salute. And like any good pap, he snapped away.

I have to admit this photo cracks me up though. I never knew I could look so angry. I seriously look like I'm going to cut someone. Mark says I look like Ozzy Osbourne. I think it's the eyebrows.

No comments: