blog_banner 20

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fore score and seven years ago...

Let's golf!

Just a little patriotic pun in honor of the impending Independence Day holiday. Here we are at 2011's halfway mark, and would you look at that? This is the 51st post of the year. That's as many as entire 2010! I think I can now claim that I have brought the blog back from the brink of extinction. :)

Took the day off from work yesterday so that I could take Lauren to our community pool. She has been begging me for the last month, but the weekends have been cloudy and in the low 70's, which doesn't make for great pool weather. When we got home from the pool, I was delighted to find that my new point-n-shoot camera had arrived from Amazon. At first, I wasn't going to bother replacing the one that I wrecked at the beach. I figured that I could just use the D50 as my walk around camera. Also, this year I've already spent a SINFUL amount of money on photography. However, it's just not practical for me to take a DSLR with me wherever we go, and I would just as soon leave it at home, which would no doubt mean missed shots. So it was hard for me to resist when I came across the Panasonic Lumix LX5. With the exception of the ability to change lenses, it pretty much offers all the manual settings of my D50 and has better low light capability and more megapixels.). Not to mention, it fits perfectly in my small purse.

Lauren teeing off.

Yesterday evening, we went out for pizza and then to play a round of miniature golf. Lauren became hooked during our trip to the shore, and I'm still kicking myself for not getting any photos. Naturally, this was a great opportunity to try out my new camera, and it did not disappoint!

Humpty Dumpty, making sure you heed the sign.

We decided to give North Park Mini Golf a try. We've frequently driven past it, but have never actually played there. It's been in business since 1961, so it has a nice retro feel to it. It was almost as good as the ones we played in Ocean City. Almost because I felt that it didn't have enough moving obstacles, but it did have some fun water hazards in addition to the usual cute school houses, windmills, and characters.

Fore!

It's also nicely landscaped with fountains and flowers.

Little red house.

Suffice to say, it was a nice way to kick off the holiday weekend. And if Lauren has any say, I'm sure there will be more mini golf outings in our future.

A golfball's perspective.

And Mommy will be right there laying on the 10th green, camera in hand, embarrassing the heck out of her.

No comments: