blog_banner 20

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Best intentions.



This is the view tonight from our guest bedroom window. We went from 70 degrees on Monday to this on Friday. Between the random weather and the time change, I felt so out of sorts this week that I didn't do much of anything besides work, play with Lauren, and watch television.

Probably the most interesting development of the week was that I'm probably traveling to Boston for business the week after Easter. I haven't had to travel for work for several years, so I'm not sure what to expect. I plan to bring a camera with me in case I see something exciting.

Mark and I also accomplished a long time goal: We dined on St. Bonaventure Church fish fry. We've lived here for almost 6 years now, but every year we miss what we have been told is the best fish fry in town.

I ran in to get take-out while Mark and Lauren stayed in the car. The cafeteria was a sea of people (Ha, ha - get it?). It was like a who's who of the area. Old neighbors. New neighbors. The guy standing next to me said he was just driving through town and decided to stop.

Did it live up to the hype and the twenty minute wait? I would say so. The fish was beer battered, which is very different from the flat breaded fillets that I've had at other fish frys, and also reminiscent of the fish my mom used to make on Christmas Eve. The coleslaw was homemade and some of the best that I've tasted. Lauren ate a baked potato with butter, ketchup and parmesan cheese (don't ask) and a finger sized piece of fish. Now that is a seal of approval.

And in addition to her work as a connoisseur of fine food, Lauren has taken up the challenge of learning to dress herself. Precious, indeed.


No comments: