blog_banner 20

Friday, March 23, 2007

Scrapbook: Mama



I've had the journaling written for this page for some time, but because I wanted to add just the right photo, I kept putting it off. Then I came up with the idea of doing a collage of Lauren and I together during her second year.

This took me the good part of a day to assemble. And that's taking into account the fact that this isn't an original design but someone else's 12x12 sketch that I converted to11x8.5 and changed the color scheme. I really wish I could work more quickly! But I am proud of myself for employing a triumvirate of embellishments - ribbon, paper flowers and a tag. That's a lot for me!

Oh, and one last thing. Over the last couple of weeks, I've lost the title of "mama." I am now officially referred to as "mommy." Things change so fast - this, my friends, is why I scrapbook!

Journaling reads: Finally. Sometime between your 18th and 19th month, you finally said the word that I’ve been waiting to hear. After over a year of countless “dadas,” the dog’s name, your doll’s name, the postman’s name (okay, that’s an exaggeration. Even I don’t know his name), you identified me as “mama.” Funny how two syllables could make your heart feel like it’s going to burst. And then there’s how you say it - soft and sweet, almost like a question. It’s the most wonderful sound that I’ve ever heard. I hope that I never forget it.

No comments: