blog_banner 20

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Stop the presses.

My child, the child who eats two forkfulls of macaroni and cheese and then pushes her plate away as if to say "Oh no, really, I couldn't take another bite," the same child who subsists on cereal bars and yogurt, that child ate meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn for dinner.

Granted, she did so while sitting on daddy's lap and partaking of the food on his plate. Nonetheless, this is progress in the battle for Lauren's nutritional soul.

Speaking of corn, as I was preparing dinner I was reminded of one of my own culinary loves. Corn straight from the can. I can't resist taking a scoop before heating it up. My mom can attest that this habit goes way back to my childhood, where I remember she would always let me have a spoonful of cold corn. It was like having an appetizer before I even knew what an appetizer was.

Hmm, I just realized that I write quite a bit here about food. Moving along...



Tonight, we had a rare sighting of the elusive Beavis. You wouldn't know it, but in addition to two dogs, we also have two cats. This is because they pretty much live down the basement and rarely emerge from their den. When then do, they are usually greeted by a very small person hellbent on giving them a squeeze. She even tries to entice them with her patented kitty call, which sounds like "psss psss psss." They usually fall for it at first, but then they flee for their lives when she gets close.

Mark and I have tried to escape in the same way, but we just can't seem to shake her.

No comments: