blog_banner 20

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Signs of spring.



I forgot to mention yesterday that one of the bulbs that Mark planted finally bloomed last week. It's a hyacinth (Mark had to tell me what it was and how to spell it). Whatever the name, it makes our kitchen smell good. The other bulb hasn't bloomed just yet,

Yesterday we ended up taking a trip to Ikea. I really wanted to buy Lauren a little table and chairs set, but I was underwhelmed with the selection. I did end up buying some odds and ends for the house (frames, jars, candles) and Mark found a mattress for the bed that he bought a couple of months ago. Lauren just enjoyed running around the store, and we actually got out of there without one meltdown (Besides the one daddy almost had trying to fit the mattress in the car). So the trip was successful.

Probably the highlight of the day was when Mark and I actually got to watch a movie together! We've had The Illusionist from Netflix for almost a month, but usually once Lauren goes to bed, we either try to catch up on some housework or project or are otherwise too tired to pay attention for 2+ hours. But last night the planets aligned just right. I thought the movie was really well done. I highly recommend it, especially if you like period movies with lots of atmosphere and great cinematography.

No comments: