blog_banner 20

Sunday, March 4, 2007

They live!

I'm here reporting to you live from our frigid first floor. We woke up this morning to find our furnace broken. Luckily, we have two furnaces - one in the attic and one in the basement - so we have somewhere to go that's warm. On the other hand, is it unlucky that both our air conditioner and furnace has broken since we moved in at the end of last July? I'd say so.



Last night, we went out to dinner with the extended Ross family to celebrate Grandma Gert's 88th birthday. As you can see from the pictures, she is as animated as ever.

Speaking of longevity, our fish are ALIVE! We had a brief thaw at the end of the last week which must have arose them from their not-really eternal slumber. Unfortunately, we couldn't see clear enough through the thin layer of ice remaining to get a head count, but I'm awed by the wonders of nature nonetheless.

One last administrative note: You can now leave comments without having to register for a Google account. I didn't realize that I configured the blog in that way until I looked at the settings yesterday. This means that you can just click "Leave Comment" and type away. You don't even have to leave a name - you can make fun of us anonymously! So have at it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
I love reading your commentary! You are awesome. Right now I am printing out some 16 pages of this to take to Aunt Dolly. I had mentioned to her about this so it will be a very nice surprise for her. And especially since there is a photo of Gert included. Thanks so much for keeping us all connected! Love, Dolores