blog_banner 20

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Does anybody know what time it is?



Does anybody really care? And I'd like to point out that it didn't seem all that much lighter this evening. I feel gypped out of that hour of sleep.

So you're probably wondering what the heck that is. That, is a penguin (the red thing at the end of his hand is a fish). Uncle Mike gave it to Lauren. Well, I guess it would be more accurate to say that Lauren urged Uncle Mike to give it to her. She can be very persuasive. But more on the penguin later.

Yesterday was a very busy day. In the afternoon, I went to a Creative Memories party (Think Tupperware, but only with scrapbook stuff instead of plastic bowls) with my friend Melissa. Had an awesome good time and bought some cool new stuff. Ironically, I spent less at the Creative Memories get together (which involves products that I'm actually interested in and will use) than I did at the Partylite get together that I attended last month where I made more of a pity purchase (since I rarely burn candles).

Immediately afterwards, we went to Mike and Beth's house to meet Beth's sister Lisa and my mom-in-law so that we could plan Beth's baby shower. We all, including the men folk and the penguin, ended up going to Pizzeria Uno for dinner. Lauren's dinner consisted of two packages of oyster crackers and juice (Which, I'll have everyone know, contained a 100% of her daily allowance of Vitamin A and C - Hey, who says I'm not a good mother?). Mark had his usual Spinoccoli pizza and I had a really good salad with gorganzola cheese, walnuts, and blueberry vinaigarette dressing. I'm not quite sure what the penguin ate.

Lauren fell asleep in the car on the way home. She was so passed out, that I thought for sure that I would be able to get her changed and into bed without waking her.

So I laid her down on the living room floor on top of the changing pad. Good, still asleep. Then I started the diaper changing process. Okay, grabbing a clean diaper and...

It all happened so fast. All I remember was seeing this spray headed for our wool Pottery Barn rug. I valiantly jumped in front of it using the still folded diaper as a shield. Of course, my desperate cries woke Lauren, so when it was all said and done, all that was left in the aftermath was a soggy rug, a wet pair of jeans (mine) and a very sleepy, cranky child.

Today we spent an exciting today searching for end tables. We even went to Ethan Allen where we tried our best to look like we would actually buy something there. In the end, our super picky nature won out and we left empty handed (Well, not really - I did score us a very impressive Ethan Allen catalog). On the drive home, I gave Mark and ultimatum that we will have end tables by Easter.

Or else.

No comments: