blog_banner 20

Monday, October 29, 2007

Shakin' and bakin'.

What can I say, she's a pro!

I got this crazy idea that letting a two year old help bake cookies would be a good Sunday afternoon activity. I had originally tried to coax her to put on her Halloween costume and "practice" trick-or-treating outside (My real motive was to get her outside in order to take photos), but she wouldn't have anything to do with it. She said, "No, I just wear my coat." So these may just be the only Halloween related photos taken of Lauren this year.

Lauren making cookies.

I figured that since she loved playing with Play-doh so much, that cookie cutting would be a natural progression. She was a little unsure at first, but once she got going, she was a real pro! I think I have my helper lined up for Christmas cookie baking.

Halloween cookies cubist style.

Here is the end result. This was the first time that I made icing, and I struggled a bit with the consistency. Also, Frankenstein's monster could be a little greener.

After I had finished decorating the cookies, I went into the kitchen to clean up and made the mistake of leaving them unattended in the dining room. When I came back to retrieve them, some of them were missing noses and eyes.

I wonder who could have done such a thing?

No comments: