blog_banner 20

Friday, April 25, 2008

Scrapbooking: Let's blow bubbles!

Let's blow bubbles!

Thus ends a spectacularly crappy week. Instead of complaining, let's take a look at a happy scrapbook page. Yay!

Lauren is nuts about her bubbles, so I just had to make a page to capture her in her bubble making glory. Once again, I chose to cut out the patterns on the paper and use it to border the page. It's really become my go-to maneuver. What can I say, I'm a one trick pony.

Because I was in a hurry to finish, I used my own handwriting for the journaling instead of running the page through the printer. While I dislike my handwriting (It's just not girly enough) and think that it detracts from the design, it does make the page more personal.

Do you see the photo on the left? That was taken about ten months ago. Look at those chubby baby legs! Those have since been replaced by long little girl legs. I remember the exact moment several months ago while I was changing her diaper when discovered that her chubby legs were gone. So sad.

Journaling reads: "That was Lauren's mantra during the Summer of '07. We must have gone trhough 5 gallons of bubbles!"

Lauren's first scrapbook page.

And as promised, here is Lauren's first scrapbook page. She picked out the photo, the paper, and the stickers with a little help from me, but otherwise, the cutting and pasting were all her.

No comments: