blog_banner 20

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Please Mr. Postman...

All wrapped up in a bow.

...don't hate me. Is that another package just for me?

I went on a bit of an internet shopping binge last week. So the 10+ packages that I'm expecting have been gradually trickling in over the last couple of days.

One package that I wasn't expecting was birthday gift from my favorite cousin, Noreen. Inside the pretty wrapping paper are three boxes of my favorite tea, you guessed it, Vanilla Almond by Bigalow! Apparently, the fine people of Charlevoix, MI have enough good taste to carry it in their local stores. Plus, no one wraps a gift better than Noreen!

Singer 185J

One of my lifelong dreams is to learn how to sew well. Now, I can sew in the respect that I can attach two pieces of fabric together either by hand or machine, but the execution is pretty poor. I have a really crappy Brother machine that I had bought about ten years ago at Walmart for $99, but the bobbin winder thingy really never worked right. Plus, it made this annoying, loud "ERNNNNNNNNNN" sound when you pushed the foot pedal. Huge demotivator.

I wanted to have a better sewing machine on hand, even if only for some minor hemmings and repairs, but since I'm a fickle hobbyist, I didn't want to shell out a lot of money for something that could very well sit in the corner collecting dust. So, I decided that an older model machine was the way to go. This one is the Singer 185J, named so because I believe that it weighs 185 pounds. And it's green. Really green. It runs oh-so smoothly when you push the foot pedal too. Now I know what I've been missing all these years. I can't wait to sew something with it! Who out there needs a new potholder?

Turquoise Sunbeam Mixmaster.

Yes, I already have one of these in pink, but remember - it doesn't work. This one is a bit beat on the exterior compared to the pink, however, it can actually whip up a batch of mashed potatoes, a quality that I find most important in a mixer. Plus, the aqua matches my kitchen better.

Thank goodness Monday isn't a federal holiday - there will be more to come tomorrow!

No comments: