blog_banner 20

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Easy reading.

Easy reading.

Just had to share the love of my new Kindle. I adopted e-reading when Mark gave me the 1st generation iPad a couple of years ago for my birthday. At first, I didn't convert wholeheartedly. I'm a firm believer in buying used books. I love going to book sales and finding recent releases for a buck, but I hate paying cover prices for books. E-books are much cheaper than their hard copy counterparts, but still aren't really cost effective, especially when you factor in how easy it is to impulse buy with just a click of a button. On the other hand, I have to consider the fact that I no longer have to struggle with where to store all my books, so that just might be worth the extra expense.

Anyway, I really enjoy reading outside during the warm months, but it's difficult on the iPad because of the glare. The recent unseasonably warm weather turned my thoughts to reading in the en plein air, so I decided to get a Kindle. Lauren is now reading chapter books, so I also justified the purchase with the thought that she could use it too. In fact, a couple of months ago, I promised that I would buy her one of her own if she read 100 books (She's made it to 50 so far), but for now, she's content to use this one. Luckily, I found a barely used one on eBay last week for a steal. I still love my iPad, but the weight and the size of the Kindle makes it perfect for reading.

Looking out at the big, big world.

And here's a bonus photo of Kitty Coconut, just because.

No comments: