blog_banner 20

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Girl Scout Week Day 7: The Great Outdoors

 Leaf rubbings.

Yes, I realize that we skipped a day. Day 6 was "Friends and Family," but what I had planned fell through. I'm sure we'll figure out something to make up for it after the fact. After all, the Girl Scout Law begins with "I will do my best," and not "I will absolutely do under ant circumstance." ;)

Since it was warm enough to be a summer day, today's challenge was a snap. First, Lauren and I gathered leaves and tree bark from the yard and did some leaf rubbings.

 Planters full of pansies

Later in the day, Mark wanted to visit the nursery. It's so odd to have such warm weather and not have any green in sight! So it was a nice to see these planters filled with pansies.

 Pansies as far as the eye can see.

 They were really bursting with color!

 Purple pansy.

And that concludes Girl Scout Week 2012. Our troop has plenty of activities planned, so I'll be sharing more Girl Scout adventures in the coming months.

No comments: