blog_banner 20

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Belated anniversary happenings.

Hall of Architecture.

Well, it's almost a week ago, but better late than never. For our anniversary, we decided to spend the afternoon at the Carnegie Museum. This idea was born out of the fact that we didn't get to go to my company's party that was held there a couple of weeks ago. Although I used to visit often when I was in college, I hadn't been to the museum for about 15 years. I was amazed at how little it changed. Yes, the famous Hall of Dinosaurs is completely redone, but other than that, I could practically give tours there!

My long standing favorite room of the museum is the Hall of Architecture, pictured above. It, along with the soon to be all-new Hall of Dinosaurs (Now called Dinosaurs Alive!), is celebrating a 100th anniversary.

Kindly ol' bear.Entrance to Egyptian displays.Me in the Hall of Gemstones and Minerals.French Carnaval display.

No photos of the Museum of Art, as you're not supposed to take pictures there. I wish they would acquire some new Impressionist paintings, as the same old ones were on display.

For dessert that day, Mark baked a homemade apple pie. I think that his dream is to make one filled with apples picked from his own apple tree. But for now, store bought apples are just fine, because this pie was still mighty tasty.

Homemade apple pie.

When I arrived home yesterday, I was surprised to find homemade pizza in the works. Mark used tomatoes from our garden to make the sauce and meatballs that I made for the topping. What will he come up with next?!

Homemade pizza with meatballs.

No comments: