blog_banner 20

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Scrapbook: Undeniably you.

Undeniably you.

If I was to give the primary reason why I scrapbook, I would say that I scrapbook the things that I want to remember (and because it's fun!). Nevertheless, when I scrapbook about Lauren, I always try to keep her feelings in mind. Once she grows old enough to read and understand what's on these pages, I hope that she doesn't feel embarrassed or weird about the thoughts that her mother puts to paper, but you never know!

Journaling reads: I admit that sometimes I wonder why you're not like other toddlers. Why you don't shower us with hugs and kisses. Why you don't take naps in your stroller. Why you won't let me put your hair in ponytails. Why you mostly prefer Daddy over me. But I'm beginning to learn that children aren't like hamburgers - they don't come made to order. And that's okay. Because sometimes when you just let the short order cook do his thing, you discover a combination that you didn't know that you loved.

(Yes, the analogy is sort of weird, but I ran with it anyway!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Melissa,
Again, your talent amazes me! I know that Lauren will fully appreciate and value every thought and photo montage that you created with love and joy.
She is lucky to have such a super Mom, that see's everything with such beauty and simplicity.
These are truly the moments to treasure as Lauren continues to develop into a beautiful, wonderful and unique individual!
Love ya, M2