blog_banner 20

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Photobooks: Are they addictive?

Photobooks.

I associate scrapbooking as a fall through spring activity, so it's not surprising that I made approximately 1.5 pages during the last three months (The half of a page was made during a Creative Memories party.).

But creatively, I haven't been completely dormant. Instead of paper and glue pages, I made photobooks. These were ordered from Shutterfly, which for some reason considers me as an extremely valuable customer deserving of a lot of free stuff. So everytime they send me tempting offers, I make a photobook.

He's the One Photobook.

The first one I had made as a gift for Mark for Father's Day. Each page completes the phrase "He's the one..." and shows a photo of Mark in supreme daddy mode. The 8 x 8 books start at $29.99 plus shipping, but this one was free. The only catch was that I had to order $10 worth of prints and pay for shipping. Monty, I'll take the deal!

Best of 2006 Photobook

The second one was just a collection of favorite photos from 2006. Each page contains when and where the photo was taken, who was behind the camera and a description of what was going on at the time. I had to play around with the page templates to get the layout how I wanted, but I was still satisfied with the end result. I'm already planning to create Volume 2 with 2007 photos. This book was discounted 20%, with free shipping, plus my account was credited with 75 free prints for placing a $20 order.

The possibilities are really endless with photobooks because using imaging software you can customize your page exactly the way you want it and than upload it as a photo to match the size of the pages within the album. I haven't gone that far yet (Too much work!), but I did make my own graphics, albeit simple, for the covers.

Although I don't think that they're not cost effective enough to give, say, as holiday gifts for everyone on your list, I think it's definitely worth the price to build your own little library of stories. I'm certainly going to give it a try!

No comments: