blog_banner 20

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Who needs Kitchenaid?

Vintage Sunbeam Mixmaster stand mixer

I've wanted a Kitchenaid stand mixer for some time, but I'm just not willing to commit $200+ for an appliance that I would probably only pull out once a year to make mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving. A few years ago, I instead purchased a Sunbeam Mixmaster at Lowe's. It worked just fine, but it just wasn't the same. I sold it for $15 last year at our garage sale, because it would be one less thing to have to move.

Now, this, is so much better. I bought it yesterday when we traveled once again to Burton, OH for the Great Geauga Antique's Fair. Too bad that it only runs on high speed. I keep giving Mark puppy dog eyes in hopes that he will attempt to fix it. Although I love the pink, I'm thinking that I should have held out for an aqua one, because the color would match my kitchen better.

Other than my sweet mixer, I don't have much to report regarding our trip. The Amish community that lives on the outskirts of town was super busy yesterday harvesting the fields and blocking the roads with carts packed wide with corn stalks. Mark coined the phrase "Amish rush hour" to describe this phenomenon, so when it catches on, you'll know where you heard it first.

The September fair is usually the lesser event, but this time it was really a letdown. Whether it was because the weather was cold or the fact that people are losing interest in antiques, the fair was the smallest that we've seen it. Usually we browse 3+ hours, however yesterday, we barely stayed 1.5. We were hoping to buy a couple of furniture items, but with the selection, it just wasn't meant to be.

Belle's American Grille Chicken Pecan Salad

One thing that didn't disappoint was the Chicken Pecan Salad at Belle's American Grille. This time it came with the most delicious banana nut muffin that I've ever tasted.

Off to start dinner...I wonder what I can mix on high speed?

No comments: