blog_banner 20

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

V fib? No problem!

V fib? No problem!

As of today, I think I can safely say that I have recovered. I'm still taking it easy on my stomach, so you won't see me at All You Can Eat Wing Night anytime soon.

Professional me.

I was able to get my hands on a copy of the program from Saturday's awards ceremony. Mark keeps commenting that I look like I'm topless underneath my blazer. Why doesn't anyone tell me these things before I have my photo taken?

As you can see above, today I attended an all day training in life saving and first aid techniques. Having bad memories of 8th grade health class where 30 of us had to take turns giving mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to homely female dummy while our gym teacher wiped it's mouth with an alcohol soaked cotton ball, I was slightly apprehensive. Thankfully, there have been great strides in hygienics during the last 20 years, so the the class was nothing like that at all. In fact, we had a very good instructor who made the material interesting and fun (Well, as fun as cardiac arrest and amputations can be.). I honestly don't know if I would be up to the task if put in the life threatening situation, but it is comforting to know that at least I have some clue as to what to do.

Now I'm off to clean the yogurt Lauren smeared all over the desk, keyboard and computer screen. Oh the glamorous life I lead!

No comments: