blog_banner 20

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Tune-riffic.

Ipod Touch!

From the "I didn't know I needed it until I had one department":

My anniversary present arrived yesterday in the form of an iPod Touch. It is possibly the slickest thing I've ever used in my life. This is coming from person who remembers the first time she surfed the World Wide Web.

It looks and acts like an iPhone, but it doesn't have the phone or camera capabilities. It stores music, videos, photos and you can surf the internet using WiFi.

That's great and all, but the most amazing feature is the touch screen. It's one of those things that if someone described it, you'd probably think that it couldn't possibly be good, but yeah, it's good. After like, a half of a day of using it, touching links and buttons to navigate has already become second nature. I'm not going to get into how you can flip the screen vertically and horizontally or how you can use the "pinch" motion (Think "I'm crushing your head!") to zoom in and out on things because Apple's commercial does the thing more justice by visually demonstrating these features than I could describing them.

It's in technologically advanced times like these that I wonder what little 8 year old Melissa, who was so enraptured by playing her Merlin, would think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention that the Merlin is in the drawer only a few feet from the iPod, and that Lauren keeps asking to put batteries in it. Like mother, like daughter.

Mark