blog_banner 20

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Better late than never.

Eat your heart out.

I promised Lauren we would bake cookies for Valentine's Day, but because of last weekend's power outage, we didn't get a chance to actually do it until after Valentine's Day. She was very involved in every step of the process including rolling the dough out and mixing and applying the icing. She's a real pro with the rolling pin. I was impressed.

Alligator love.

Lauren spotted this alligator at Target several weeks ago. I had no intention of buying it, but since he was now half off, I got it for her. Plus I figured he would make a cute accessory once we finish redecorating her room. While we were shopping, we had gotten separated and didn't hook up again until after I had found the half price alligator. Mark said that Lauren had been asking about him as they were walking through the store looking for me. That kid never forgets.

Silicon muffin cups!

I also found these silicon muffin cups for a dollar. I never have the paper ones on hand when I get the itch to make muffins or cupcakes. Mark says that they're probably made with lead paint. I told him that if he didn't want to eat my lead laced cupcakes, it was his loss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not bad for silicone muffin cups. I haven't found an affordable set like that around here yet. I would like to switch over from foil.

I do have a novelty one (lego pieces) out of silicone though.

Saucy said...

I saw those muffin cups too, but then I wondered... do you have to take the cupcakes out of the cups before you give them away? Because, like, that's a little pricey over paper, even if the package just cost a dollar. I'm not sure how they would cook. I hear you have to soak them in hot soapy water for at least an hour and then dry them before the first use. I suppose because of the lead.